Mount Rinjani is an active volcano which is located on a small island in Indonesia called Lombok. The easiest way to reach the mountain is to fly direct to Lombok International Airport in Praya, Lombok (Airport Code: LOP) and then took a long journey to the foot of Rinjani.
There are flights from Bali, Jakarta, and Surabaya (some linking to Kuala Lumpur) and from Singapore to Lombok.
- Garuda, Merpati, Air Asia , Malaysia Airlines and Lion Air all have regular flights to Lombok from Jakarta, Denpasar, Surabaya and Kuala Lumpur.
- Silk Air has regular flights direct from Singapore to Lombok.
- Merpati fly five times a day from Denpasar to Lombok
- Trans Nusa Air Service flying between Denpasar to Lombok every day, as well as connections to many other Indonesian destinations.
Driving routes option to Mount Rinjani from Lombok Airport :
- To Senaru, the drive takes about 2.5 – 3 hours, going through Mataram and circled half the island before finally reaching Senaru village the ascent route to Rinjani in the west.
- To Sembalun, takes about 2 – 2,5 hours going through east side Mount Rinjani with routes Praya- Kopang – Masbagik – Aikmel then finally reached the village of Sembalun in the east side of Mount Rinjani (the closest ascent route to Mount Rinjani summit).
- To Tetebatu and Timbanuh, takes about 1 – 1,5 hours going through east side Mount Rinjani with routes Praya- Kopang – Terara – Kotaraja – Tetebatu or Timbanuh (newest and challenge route to Mt Rinjani).
If you can’t fly directly to Lombok, the best way is to transit through Jakarta or fly into Bali and take a boat out to Lombok. However this would take a lot of time and you might have to stay extra overnight somewhere.
Take a car or bus from Denpasar to Padang Bay then :
- Drive-on ferries operate regularly from Padang Bay in Bali to Lembar in Lombok.
- Fast boats serve from Benoa or Serangan or Padang Bay to the three Gili Islands and Telok Kodek, Senggigi or Telok Nare in Lombok and you can visit their website at :
If you book the Rinjani trekking package with us, we will pick you up at any arrival place or location within Lombok island then transfer you to your hotel provided in Sembalun, Senaru or Tetebatu village.
Mount Rinjani Trekking Package Standard Prices in accordance with the cost that we spend to pay a fee guide and porter, rent a hotel room, transportation shuttle, camping equipment ( tent, sleeping bag, mats, toilet tent, trekking chair etc), the price of foodstuffs, drinks and fruits, the entrance fee into the National park of Mount Rinjani with priority safety climbing and assuming more and more participants, the cost will be further reduced.
Our Rinjani Trekking price is adjusted according to the number of participants, from one person cost up to 12 person participants at a cheaper cost for per person up to December 2017.
List Prices / Pax Standard Package Service
Standard Package Rates Includes :
- Licensed and Experienced : Mountain Guide and Local Porter.
- One night accommodation in Sembalun or Senaru or Tetebatu before the trek.
- All camping equipment: Tent, Sleeping bags, Bed Mats, Cooking gears, Toilet tent and Pillow.
- All meals ( 3 times daily ), drinks ( mineral water 3 liter a day, coffee, tea, milk and soft drink) and fruits.
- National Park entrance fee ( 150.000 IDR/ person ).
- Transport pick up from Airport, Mataram, Senggigi and Bangsal to Senaru or Sembalun and transfer return after from the mountain.
All price above for standard service and for Deluxe service price please request.